Thursday, July 23, 2009

Why couldnt he be my dad & not my uncle?



Im currently in Detroit assisting my mom after hip surgery. She had shared with me several times that I have an uncle that lives in Detroit. However I felt anybody that was any relation to my father, I wanted no part of. I felt they weren't worth my time.

I was wrong. He is everything I wanted my father to be. I know that be a bit haste, being that I have only known him for 2 days. He has shown me more love that my father...i mean my dad..or "SD" in the past 30 plus years. As a youngster it bothered my self esteem to think...why would my SD not come around...Im a cool kid...respectful...but dad..didnt want to be in my brothers or my life. So let me fast forward....because I sense some emotions coming and at that stage of my life...i really had ill feelings, and that is putting it very nice.

So..I was between 12 or 14, when I gave up hope on SD, now Im 36 soon to be 37 a son of my own, a beautiful wife...Im blessed. I consider myself to be the best dad in the world. Bar NONE, there's nothing I wont do for my son. He is my motivation and my daily inspiration to keep me going.

Ok..so now Im an adult..handling my own business.....So i meet my uncle and at first I was very hesitent and resreved...because when i saw him..i saw my SD. But he was totally opposite. He was very nice. Offered my plate after plate. Took me golfing...he taking me to a Detroit Tigers game. Dont know if thats a positive, because I dont think they're that good...... are they? Well not as good as the Rays baby. But overall...I kinda wish my SD would've been like this. I wonder how my life would be different now. So...I guess...why couldn't my uncle have been my dad, and my dad have been..my neighbor or the hitch hiker I passed by today.

No comments: